The Ridges is the pinnacle of luxury living in Las Vegas, Nevada. Named after the area’s majestic terrain, The Ridges is doubly exclusive when it comes to location: 4,000 feet above sea level in Summerlin South, one of the best master-planned communities in the United States.
Consisting of almost 800 acres of upscale residential neighborhoods, this guard-gated village houses a wide range of private residences, some of which come with stunning architecture and expansive views of the Las Vegas Valley. It is also home to a world-renowned Jack Nicklaus golf course and an award-winning, state-of-the-art clubhouse.
While The Ridges is known for its privacy and tranquility, it is also greatly valued for its proximity to the best amenities and attractions that Summerlin has to offer. This includes the vibrant Downtown Summerlin, City National Arena, Las Vegas Ballpark, Summerlin Hospital Medical Center, and public library and performing arts center. Moreover, the community provides 26 schools, 150+ miles of walking trails, and 250 neighborhood parks for its residents.
If you’re interested in investing in The Ridges, Las Vegas real estate, here’s our complete guide on this highly exclusive luxury community:
The Ridges, Las Vegas real estate market
Before you start your home buying journey, it’s crucial to know significant market trends that can affect your potential home’s current and future value. When it comes to a luxury community like The Ridges, there are three things you need to keep in mind:
- Properties have high home values.In recent years, median listing home prices in The Ridges can be anywhere from $1.5 million to $3.36 million. They are significantly higher than median listing prices in other Las Vegas communities because many properties have custom architectural designs, access to exclusive community amenities, and a one-of-a-kind location. However, take note that prices of homes within the community can vary widely, depending on the property type, neighborhood, lot size, and home features.
- The area has great investment potential. Las Vegas is one of the top cities in the country when it comes to real estate appreciation. In the past 10 years, typical home values throughout the city rose from $128,000 to $440,000, which amounts to an astonishing 243.7% total appreciation rate. For a luxury community like The Ridges, median sales prices have gone as high as $3.4 million, but have never gone below the $1.2 million mark. These numbers show that owning real estate in The Ridges, Las Vegas can be a great long-term investment.
- The market is moderately competitive. The Ridges, Las Vegas real estate properties can stay on the market for around 40 days, but more lucrative homes can receive multiple offers and stay on the market for as short as 17 days. From 2017 to 2022, the sale-to-list price ratio ranged from 90.3% to 99.3%, which indicates consistent demand and a buyer-friendly market. But if you’re looking for luxury properties, take note that most of them are sold off-market. So, make sure that you work with a team of seasoned real estate agents who specialize in luxury residential properties in Las Vegas.
Property types in The Ridges
Residential properties in The Ridges are mostly custom and semi-custom home sites, ranging from sleek and modern single-family homes to expansive mountain estates. Newer developments like Talon Ridge and Fairway Hills have also brought more diversity into the community’s housing market, providing a selection of town homes and luxury production homes.
- Single-family homes. Homes in The Ridges can be sold at prices as high as $12,250,000, and for good reason. These properties usually sit on ¼ to 1-acre lots, which is more than enough room for 3 to 7 bedrooms and 2 to 7.5 bathrooms, with the primary bedroom on the main floor. Open floor concepts give these homes an airy and serene atmosphere, as well as providing a natural flow from the great room or living room to the formal dining room, gourmet kitchen, patio area, and expertly landscaped backyard. You can also expect features such as a home gym, office, in-ground pool, 2- to 4-car garage, and a full casita for guests.
- Luxury real estate. A “luxury property” is more than just its luxurious price tag – it is about being exclusive, bespoke, and one-of-a-kind. And buying a luxury home in Las Vegas’s premier residential community is basically owning the crème de la crème of Nevada real estate. What makes luxury homes different from other types of properties in The Ridges? It’s all in the details:custom architecture and design, a private location high above Summerlin South, opulent features such as marble floors and negative edge pools, as well as unobstructed views of the Las Vegas Valley, The Strip, or the fairways.
- Investment properties. Are you looking for ways to add diversity to your portfolio? Perhaps you want to take advantage of Las Vegas’s great appreciation rates and explore new property investment opportunities. Then purchase an investment property in The Ridges, which has a multitude of newly constructed and resale properties that you can develop, remodel, and sell at a high profit in the future.
- Condominiums and townhomes. Do you want to enjoy award-winning, resort-style amenities without worrying about the maintenance and upkeep of a single-family home? Look through some of the best luxury condo and townhome communities in the Las Vegas Valley. Condos and townhomes in The Ridges typically have 3 to 4 bedrooms, around 2 to 2.5 baths, and a 2- to 3-car garage.You can also expect features like stone tile or wood floors, fireplaces, abundant storage space, hot tubs, and private patios and balconies. Moreover, condo and townhome homeowners can enjoy resident-only community BBQ grills and pools.
Living in The Ridges
This master-planned community is designed with its residents’ comfort, convenience, and resort-style lifestyle in mind. Home to industry giants, renowned athletes, and famous celebrities, The Ridges boasts homes packed with luxurious features and amenities that have become necessities in this community.
A Jack Nicklaus golf course is always a stunner, but Bear’s Best Las Vegas puts together all of the legendary golfer’s favorite holes from over 270 of his courses worldwide, creating a 7,194-yard layout that is both gorgeous and challenging. Its design follows an official PGA tour course, with wide fairways, manicured greens, and tactical water hazards. Bear’s Best also has a pro shop, a sports lounge and grill, professional golf instruction (from the Paul Wilson Golf School), GPS carts, and a driving range.
Pursuing an active and healthy lifestyle is easy when you live at The Ridges, especially when you have access to its 10,000 square foot, recently renovated Club Ridges. This resident-exclusive fitness facility is complete with tennis courts, cutting-edge gym equipment, group exercise and Pilates rooms, a spa-like pool, and a social lounge, all of which have been enhanced with a fresh and modern design.
When you venture beyond this tranquil enclave, there’s a myriad of first-class attractions, facilities, and activities within Summerlin. Here’s what you can expect when you own a real estate property in The Ridges, Las Vegas:
Summerlin has a great number of public, private, and charter schools, giving families numerous opportunities to find a school and program that best fits their children’s learning process.
The community is serviced by the Clark County School District (CCSD), which is the fifth largest school district in the US and one of its most culturally diverse. CCSD offers a range of nationally recognized programs, such as Magnet Schools, Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate education, Career and Technical Academies, language learning programs, and more.
There are also a variety of charter schools and private schools in Summerlin, ranging from private arts integration schools to faith-based education. This includes:
- The Adelson Educational Campus
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School
- The Shenker Academy
- The Merryhill School
- Discovery Charter School
- Doral Academy Red Rock
- Faith Lutheran Middle School and High School
- Faith Lutheran Academy
- The Alexander Dawson School at Rainbow Mountain
- Bishop Gorman High School
- The Meadows School
As a resident of The Ridges, cutting-edge medical centers and healthcare services are only a short drive away. In the nearby village of The Crossing, you’ll find the Summerlin Hospital Medical Center. This 500,000+ square foot medical facility offers a wide range of services, ranging from neonatal intensive care to neurological rehabilitation, as well as a hospital staff of more that 1,400 physicians working in 30 specialties and subspecialties.
Medical Group and Royal Springs Healthcare and Rehab are found in the 55+ neighborhood of Sun City. These two hospitals provide lab and examination services such as EKG testing, pulmonary function testing, ultrasound, and internal medicine, as well as 24/7 respite services, pain management services, hospice care, and skilled therapy programs.
Other rehabilitation centers, round-the-clock nursing care, and assisted living residences can be found at The Heights of Summerlin (located in The Arbors village) and Las Ventanas at Summerlin (found in Summerlin Centre)
The Pueblo village, located a few neighborhoods away from The Ridges, is home to a 60,000-square-foot medical office called Pueblo Medical Imaging. It is owned and operated by Radiology Associates of Nevada, with more than 20 Board Certified radiologists on staff to provide medical diagnostics and imaging.
With 25 major community parks, over 225 pocket parks, and a 200-mile-long trail system, Summerlin is a haven for those who want to live an active and healthy lifestyle. The community was designed to preserve as much natural landscape and foliage as possible, so you’ll find that washes, arroyos, and desert canyons are a substantial part of the Summerlin’s topography.
Here are some outdoor activities you can do as a resident of The Ridges:
- Playgrounds and picnics. There’s a community park for every neighborhood and every type of recreational activity in Summerlin. Most major parks have children’s play areas, picnic pavilions and ramadas, tennis or basketball courts, soccer or softball fields, and open lawn areas. Some parks even have rock climbing walls, swimming pools, and interactive water play areas.
- Walking and biking trails. The Summerlin Trail System connects all the villages and neighborhoods in the community. The backbone of this system, the Street-Side Trails, serve as the main pathways for residents, and are often run parallel to roads. Runners, cyclists, and long-distance walkers who prefer tranquil paths away from the busy traffic can take the Village Trails, which wind around the natural arroyos and man-made open space corridors within a village.
- Hiking and wildlife watching. The Howard Hughes Corporation, in partnership with Clark County and the City of Las Vegas, will be developing Regional Trails and Natural Trails throughout Summerlin. These trails are designed for various non-motorized uses, with the goal of connecting the Summerlin Trail System to other trails throughout the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area and the rest of the Las Vegas valley. Natural trails, which are planned to be in low-density areas, are designed specifically for hiking and wildlife enthusiasts.
When it comes to shopping and dining, Downtown Summerlin® has everything you need and more. This 400-acre mixed-use, urban retail center is the heart of the Summerlin community. It features a variety of retailers such as Macy’s, Victoria’s Secret, Nike, H&M, Anthropologie, Sephora, Trader Joe’s, and more.
But what makes Downtown Summerlin unique is the fact that it’s also a major sports hub. Here you can find both the City National Arena and the Las Vegas Ballpark, which are the homes of the NHL Vegas Golden Knights and the Las Vegas Aviators, respectively.
Arts and culture
As a Ridges resident, you can enjoy world-class performances, events, and programs at two public cultural centers.
Donald W. Reynolds Cultural Center, home to the professional company and ballet academy of Nevada Ballet Theatre, is only a short drive away at The Hills South village. The Academy offers a variety of dance classes for all ages, as well as specialized programs for pre-professional dancers. Designed by JMA Architecture Studios, the Cultural Center features 7 dance studios, costume and scenery departments, a library, and a corporate board room.
Located in the same village is the Summerlin Library and Performing Arts Center. This distinguished cultural institution covers over 40,195 square feet and features a multimedia department and technology center, an art gallery, a large marine aquarium, and a 291-seat performing arts center. Operated by the Las Vegas-Clark County Library District, it continues to live up to the Pacific Coast Builders Conference Gold Nugget Award it received in 1994.
Live at the height of luxury in The Ridges
With its stunning custom homes, first-class amenities, and highly desirable location, The Ridges is the perfect place to find your luxury property. When you’re ready to take the first step in your real estate journey, it’s time to call your trusted team of real estate professionals at The Melton Group.
Led by top luxury Broker Darren Melton, the team at The Melton Group will make sure your real estate transaction is handled with utmost professionalism, expertise, and confidentiality. Our top-notch customer service, paired with our hyperlocal market knowledge and cutting-edge analytics tools and strategies, is guaranteed to secure you the best deal possible.
Explore the real estate market in The Ridges, Las Vegas with us today! Call The Melton Group team at 702.703.1420 orsend us an email here. You can also send us any messages or inquiries through our contact form.